Since so many of you have been getting in touch about the cookies on sale in store, we thought this week we would divulge the details on how to make them at home…
Dark Chocolate, Oat and Piedmontese Hazelnut Cookies
• 100g plain flour
• 1.5g baking powder
• 1g salt
• 50g rolled oats
• 85g soft Bellevaire butter
• 50g dark brown sugar
• 70g caster sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 vanilla pod
• 40g chopped Piedmontese hazelnuts
• 100g Dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
• Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and oats in a bowl, mix and set aside.
• In your mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
• Once combined, add the eggs to the butter and sugar, along with the vanilla.
• Mix in the flour, oats, baking powder and salt, followed by the hazelnuts and chocolate.
• Roll the mix into logs using clingfilm about 10cm in diameter and chill in the fridge for up to an hour.
• Once completely cold cut each log into biscuits, 1cm thick, remove the cling film and place on trays lined with baking parchment.
• Bake at 160C for 15 minutes. They should still be slightly soft to the touch.
• Leave to cool on the trays for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.